Arab, beautiful, conflict, Deen, Dua, Eye, facts, Faith, Fazilat, Grief, hadis, hadith, hajj, Happiness, Happy, Health, House of Saud, Hypocrisy, iman, interesting, Invocation, Iraq, Isa, islam, islamic, Islamic History, Leeds, life, Light, Longevity, Ma, medicine, Mohammad, moment, MOney, Mourning, Murder, Muslim, Muslims, Namaz, narrations, news, Noor, on life, Pharmacy, Poem, Politics, protection, Qasida, quotes, quran, Religion, Salaat, Saudi, Saudi Arabia, Scholars, sheikh, Sher, Soz, spirituality, Tanzania, traditions, truth, Turkey, Ulama, Ummah, unity, Urdu, Zionism
بسم اللہ الرحمن الرحیم
Stories of the Prophets from the Qur’an
Prophet Yunus (a) Part – 1
12th Tafsir Session on Qisasul Anbiyaa, Thursday, 09 March 2017
By Maulana Noorul Hasan Lucknowi
At Baabul Ilm Centre, Leeds, UK
- Yunus (a) was a great and prominent prophet of Allah. His story is unique and has been mentioned in the Qur’an from among the many stories of different prophets of Allah.
- Allah sent Yunus (a) as the prophet and messenger to the people of Ninawa.
Surah Saffat Ayah 139 talks about it:
وَإِنَّ يُونُسَ لَمِنَ الْمُرْسَلِينَ
وَأَرْسَلْنَاهُ إِلَىٰ مِائَةِ أَلْفٍ أَوْ يَزِيدُونَ
And We sent him to [his people of] a hundred thousand or more Surah Saffat Ayah 147
- Yunus (a) tried very hard to bring them to the path of Allah (azj).
- Nevertheless, they did not listen to his pleas and continued their rebellion against Allah (azj).
- He then warned them of the chastisement and punishment of Allah, which would surround them and would destroy them just like other people before them, who lived previously in nearby places.
- After trying very hard, he became disappointed in them and, the irritation made him go away from the town.
- He left the town while he was very angry with the people, but he did not discuss this with Allah SWT.
- Surah Anbiyaa Ayah 87 talks about it.
وَذَا النُّونِ إِذ ذَّهَبَ مُغَاضِبًا فَظَنَّ أَن لَّن نَّقْدِرَ عَلَيْهِ فَنَادَىٰ فِي الظُّلُمَاتِ أَن لَّا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ
And [mention] the man of the fish, when he went off in anger and thought that We would not decree [anything] upon him. And he called out within the darknesses, “There is no deity except You; exalted are You. Indeed, I have been of the wrongdoers.”
End of the summary