WHY KIDS DO NOT LISTEN TO THEIR PARENTS?
Can we expect kids to listen to their parents when…
- Tarzan lives half naked,
- Cinderella comes home at midnight,
- Pinocchio lies all the time,
- Aladdin is the king of thieves,
- Batman drives at 200 mph,
- Romeo and Juliet commit suicide out of love,
- Harry Potter uses witchcraft,
- Mickey and Minnie are more than just friends,
- Sleeping Beauty is lazy,
- Dumbo gets drunk and hallucinates,
- Scooby Doo gives nightmares,
- and Snow White lives with 7 guys.
We shouldn’t be surprised when they misbehave, they get
it from their storybooks and cartoons!
Shouldn’t we instead be teaching them stories of Prophet Mohammad (saww) and Ahlulbayt (as) and pious Muslim about their acts of love, loyalty, service, modesty, bravery, respect, justice and tolerance?